Abstract SubmissionDietitians Association of Australia 35th National Conference
17-19 May 2018, ICC Sydney, NSW, Australia
Late breaking submissions will open 9 January 2018.
The Dietitians Association of Australia 35th National Conference Scientific Program Committee thanks you for your submission of (an) abstract(s) for consideration in the scientific Conference program as a traditional oral, Pecha Kucha oral or poster presentation.
Submissions of late breaking abstracts (those including research that has been planned, but not conducted or finalised by the first round abstract submission deadline) will be encouraged from January 2018. Please read eligibility criteria and detailed information below.
|Abstract Submission Deadline||7 November 2017|
|Author Notification||13 December 2017|
|Call for Late Breaking Abstracts*||9 January 2018|
|Late Breaking Submission Deadline||30 January 2018|
|Late Breaking Author Notification||28 February 2018|
|Author Registration Deadline||21 March 2018|
*Eligibility for submission of a late breaking abstract includes research that has been planned, but not conducted or finalised by the first round abstract submission deadline of 7 November 2017. If eligible, you will have an opportunity to submit a late breaking abstract, including the results and discussion, from 9 January 2018. Please note late breaking submissions are not eligible for any DAA 2018 Awards.
For 2018, authors will be required to select one Interest Group that their abstract applies to.
Authors will then be able to select from the following two streams that their abstract applies to:
Research abstracts are traditional conference presentations that describe the rationale, collection, analysis and interpretation of data.
Innovation abstracts provide an opportunity to report on a program or new initiative. It is important to include the rationale and rigorous evaluation data or detailed reflection and analysis. Just describing your activity is not enough.
Important Information Regarding Abstract Submission
- Please read through the submission instructions listed below before preparing your abstract.
- Read the General Policies and Requirements and Evaluation Criteria for the submission of abstracts.
- If you wish to be considered for an award, please click here for further information on eligibility.
- Please ensure you are registered for the Conference prior to 21 March 2018.
- All authors are required to create an author account here to submit their Abstract and/or Workshop & Seminar Proposal.
- For more information on the Pecha Kucha presentation style, please click here.
Submission Instructions for Preparing and Formatting Your Abstract(s)
- Write abstract title in the field provided using upper case letters.
- Font type and size for the abstract text: Calibri, 11pt left justified.
- DO NOT repeat the abstract title in the abstract text box provided.
- Use only the given space with a maximum of 250 words.
- The abstract MUST be a single paragraph only. If format is not correct, it will be returned to the author to amend.
- NO headings, spaces between paragraphs, references, graphics, tables, footnotes or images should be included with your abstract text.
- Use standard abbreviations only. Within the body of the abstract, when using abbreviations spell out the name in full at the first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
- Capitalise the first letter of trade names.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the DAA 2018 Scientific and Social Program Committee for acceptance.
Please follow the below steps to submit your abstract:
- Click the pink ‘Submit Abstract’ button below to commence your submission.
- Abstract submissions will only be accepted via the Conference Website, in the above format, and submitted by the single presenting author.
- You will be asked to create an account for the Conference. Please remember your password in case you need to access it again to make any changes to your submission.
- Enter your paper title in the ‘Paper Details’ section.
- Upload your abstract in a .doc or .docx format, following the format used in the abstract submission template.
- List all authors and their affiliations in the correct order, ensuring you indicate yourself as the presenting author for the abstract.
- Select your Interest Group and abstract stream as applicable to your abstract.
- Indicate your preferred presentation type. Please note your abstract may be accepted into the scientific program as a different presentation type to your requested presentation type.
- Click ‘Preview and Submit’. You will be able to preview your abstract and make any changes if required.
- While on the preview window, click ‘Submit’ to confirm your submission.
The submitting author will be notified of the results of the review of abstracts by 13 December 2017.